Internal Grants Open for Applications
STAGE 3 Due: Monday, March 16, 2020
The Department of Pediatrics Research Council is pleased to announce a new funding mechanism to provide support for impactful, innovative ideas. The competition is organized into 4 Stages, with each subsequent Stage awarding progressively larger, but fewer, grants. Each Stage will have progressively longer timelines for completion of milestones. The timelines will be strict; no extensions will be given regardless of reason. Therefore, you must plan ahead to be ready to start, and avoid delays.
Note: Only those who received funding in Stage 2 are eligible to apply for Stage 3.
Opportunities at the University
Private Foundation RFPs in Children's Health
- Allen Foundation, Inc. (Supports projects that benefit programs for human nutrition in the areas of health, education, training, and research) - Internal Applications due December 15, 2019, Offical Applications due January 15, 2020 - Interested faculty members should contact Keegan Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-625-8455.
- Klingenstein Third Generation Foundation - Application Due January 10, 2020 - RFA Here
*If you are planning on applying for any of the above Private Foundation Grants, please contact Jonna Schnettler, Director of Development at UMF, prior to submitting applications. Jonna can be reached at email@example.com.
Additional Open RFAs
- NHLBI - Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Career Pathway to Independence in Blood Science Award for Physician Scientists (R00 Clinical Trial Optional) - First Estimated Application Due Date January 15, 2021- SEE MORE INFORMATION ON THIS OPPORTUNITY HERE
- Department of Defense - CDMRP Research Funding for 2019 - SEE PRESS RELEASE HERE
Links to Funding Websites
Application Period Closed
Application Period Closed
- Boston Scientific Innovators Fund - Due October 7th, 2019
- Masonic Cross-Departmental Grants in Children's Health Research - Due September 30, 2019
- Pediatric Cross-Divisional Grant - Due September 9, 2019
- Pediatric Embracing Diversity in Scholarship "PEDS" Award - Due August 19, 2019
- CCRF Emerging Scientists Grant in Pediatric Cancer Research - Due June 7, 2019
- Doris Duke Physician Scientist Fellowship - Applications due Jun 7, 2019
- Andrew David Sit Foundation Innovators Fund - Due June 3, 2019
- Caplan Foundation for Early Childhood - LOI due May 31, 2019
- Equity-Focused Policy Research Funding Opportunity - Applications due May 21, 2019
- Summer Pediatric Research "SUPER" Award - Due February 25, 2019
- Child Health Collaborative Grant Program - Due January 4, 2019
- NEW Team Science Grants in Children's Health Research - Due November 19, 2018 (LOI Due 11/5/2018)
Departmental Support for Research Publication Costs
Applications are looked at on a rolling basis - Support is limited to 1 paper per fiscal year (July 1- June 30) per faculty member who is a first or senior author.
Recognizing that the costs of publication have risen significantly, especially for open access journals whose fees are mandatory, the Department of Pediatrics is pleased to offer financial support to help offset research publication fees.