Internal Grants Open for Applications
STAGE 2 Due: Monday, July 15, 2019
The Department of Pediatrics Research Council is pleased to announce a new funding mechanism to provide support for impactful, innovative ideas. The competition is organized into 4 Stages, with each subsequent Stage awarding progressively larger, but fewer, grants. Each Stage will have progressively longer timelines for completion of milestones. The timelines will be strict; no extensions will be given regardless of reason. Therefore, you must plan ahead to be ready to start, and avoid delays.
Note: Only those who received funding in Stage 1 are eligible to apply for Stage 2.
Pediatric Embracing Diversity in Scholarship "PEDS" Award
Proposals Due: Monday, August 19, 2019
The goal of the PEDS award is to provide funding opportunities for URM faculty to encourage career development. One award will be granted through a competitive, peer-reviewed selection process to an investigator whose project shows significant promise, is innovative and has the greatest potential for improving children’s lives. All pediatric topic areas are welcome.
Masonic Cross-Departmental Grants in Children's Health Research
Letter of Intent Due: Monday, August 26, 2019
Proposal Due: Monday, September 30, 2019
The Masonic Cross-Departmental grants are intended to support new or expanding interdisciplinary research in Children's Health that is innovative and has a high potential for future funding and discovery.
Pediatric Cross-Divisional Grant
Proposals Due: Monday, September 9, 2019
This is a competitive funding mechanism to facilitate cross-divisional collaborations in the Department of Pediatrics with a clear metric toward a larger external grant, clinical trial, or other meaningful scholarship that will bring recognition to the Department of Pediatrics.
Departmental Support for Research Publication Costs
Applications are looked at on a rolling basis - Support is limited to 1 paper per fiscal year (July 1- June 30) per faculty member who is a first or senior author.
Recognizing that the costs of publication have risen significantly, especially for open access journals whose fees are mandatory, the Department of Pediatrics is pleased to offer financial support to help offset research publication fees.
Opportunities at the University
- Equity-Focused Policy Research Funding Opportunity - Applications Due May 21, 2019
- Caplan Foundation for Early Childhood - LOI due May 31, 2019
- Doris Duke Physician Scientist Fellowship - Applications due June 7, 2019 at 3:00pm
- NHLBI - Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Career Pathway to Independence in Blood Science Award for Physician Scientists (R00 Clinical Trial Optional) - First Estimated Application Due Date January 15, 2021- SEE MORE INFORMATION ON THIS OPPORTUNITY HERE
- Department of Defense - CDMRP Research Funding for 2019 - SEE PRESS RELEASE HERE
Links to Funding Websites
Application Period Closed
Application Period Closed
- CCRF Emerging Scientists Grant in Pediatric Cancer Research - Due June 7, 2019
- Andrew David Sit Foundation Innovators Fund - Due June 3, 2019
- Summer Pediatric Research "SUPER" Award - Due February 25, 2019
- Child Health Collaborative Grant Program - Due January 4, 2019
- NEW Team Science Grants in Children's Health Research - Due November 19, 2018 (LOI Due 11/5/2018)
- Doris Duke Charitable Foundation 2019 Clinical Scientist Developmental Award Competition (Pre-proposals due 11/28/2018)
- CureSearch: Young Investigators Award, Acceleration Initiative Award, Catapult Award (LOI Due 11/16/2018)
- Boston Scientific Innovators Fund - Due October 15, 2018
- Masonic Cross-Departmental Grants in Children's Health Research - Due September 24, 2018 (LOI Due 9/4/2018)
- Hartwell Foundation Individual Biomedical Research Award - Nominations due September 15, 2018
- Pediatric Cross-Divisional Grant - Due September 11, 2018
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health (BIRCWH) K12 Scholar Training Program Due September 17, 2018
- Sit Foundation Innovators Fund - Due at 11:59pm on June 4, 2018
- Summer's Wish Pediatric Cardiology Innovators Fund
- Pediatrics "R" Award
- Pediatric Clinical/Teaching Scholar Award
- Vikings Award
- Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences
- NICHD-funded Pediatric Critical Care and Trauma Scientist Development Program (PCCTDP)
- Pediatric Legacy Award
- Academic Health Center Seed Grants Program