Clinical Research Services
Do you need support?
The mission of the Department of Pediatrics' Clinical Research Services program is to support the University's research mission by providing excellent assistance to faculty investigators conducting medical research in neonates, infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
We accomplish our mission by 1) developing competent professionals specialized in pediatric clinical research, 2) creating effective and efficient pathways for conducting compliant clinical research, and 3) fostering a participant-centric research culture.
The current scope of the Clinical Research Services program is within the Department of Pediatrics. We provide ad hoc support as requested to investigators housed in other Departments as well. Our goal is to partner with other research entities and expand a comprehensive service model to any investigator conducting clinical research in children.
Our Clinical Research Services
- Support from pediatric-trained research professionals
- Study feasibility and activation support
- Study management and coordination
- Subject recruitment and management
- Regulatory submissions and management
- Data collection and management
- Specimen collection and management
- Database development
Our Team Members
- Blanche Chavers, MD, FASN - Clinical Research Medical Director
- Amanda Galster, MPH, CCRP - Program Director
- Ashley Schempp, MPH, CCRP - Administrator
- Brian Harvey, BA - Clinical Research Data Analyst
- Susan Anderson, CCRP – Research Manager
- Mary Pat Osborne, MS, RN, CCRP – Research Nurse
- Loralie Peterson, MPH – Research Coordinator
- Dan Nerheim, BS, CCRC – Clinical Research Coordinator
- Amy Hanson, BS, CCRC – Clinical Research Coordinator
- Sara Kramer, MPH – Clinical Research Coordinator
- Amy Ash, BS - Clinical Research Coordinator
- Jenna Wassenaar, BS - Clinical Research Coordinator
- Sarah Lemmage, BS - Clinical Research Coordinator
- Gemachu Rabu, BA - Clinical Research Coordinator
- Kristin Chu, BS – Clinical Trials Assistant
Pediatric Grand Rounds
Pediatric Clinical Trials Training Series
Click any of the following to view and/or download the slides and video presentations from the training series.
- Research in Kids - Why & How We Do This - 10-13-16
- AEs SAEs UPIRTSOs – What it All Means & What You Need to Do - 11-21-16
- OnCore - Expectations & Functionality - 1-17-17
- Study Start-Up - Requirements & Workflows - 4-6-17