Residency Management Suite
Residency Management Suite
RMS (Residency Management Suite) is the electronic, web-based tool that is used to gather data required for monthly billing to Medicare for graduate medical education/teaching reimbursement. Residents and fellows are required to track their duty hours in RMS not only for the department to receive payment, but also to ensure they comply with the rules and regulations of ACGME.
The Department of Pediatrics uses RMS for evaluations for all residents, fellows, and faculty. In addition residents and fellows are expected to use the Duty Hours Module for monitoring compliance with regulations. The Conference Module is used to track attendance at department conferences such as Grand Rounds and 3M and individual programs have expanded usage to track attendance for divisional conferences. Some fellowship programs also use the Procedure Logger Module and Curriculum Module.
You will receive an email notification at the end of each rotation from New Innovations (RMS) alerting you that there are evaluations to complete. You will be able to click on the link in the email to access the RMS website. If the link is inaccessible see below for login instructions.
Completing evaluations is a program requirement. Refer to your specific program manual for additional information on program requirements:
Go to: www.new-innov.com/login
- Institution Login: MMCGME
- Your username and password should have been emailed to you when you were set up in RMS. Remember that default usernames and passwords use lowercase letters.
- Please note: if you are unable to login with the above information, please see the RMS help contact information above.
After you've entered your username and password and logged in:
- If prompted to do so, choose “UMN-PEDS-Pediatrics Residency” from the drop down list and click “Continue” (do not choose the default selection of UMN-Pediatrics)
- On the Welcome Page under the "Notifications" section click on “You have # of evaluations to complete."
- You will see a list of open evaluations.
- Click on "Evaluate" next to the evaluation you wish to complete.
- Complete the evaluation and sign it electronically, if applicable.
- Click "Submit Final."
** Important Note About NET**
If you have been sent an evaluation and do not believe you are in a position to evaluate someone, you may put a check mark in the box next to the evaluation (on the page that lists all open evaluations).
When done, click “Submit Selected Evaluations as NET.”
NET stands for Not Enough Time with subject. Please use this option even if you have not worked with the subject at all. Occasionally, incorrect matches are generated, but it is not necessary to request they be deleted. Instead, the NET option should be chosen.