Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- To consistently provide the highest quality Pediatric Care.
- To educate future health care providers.
- To improve the health of children in our community.
- Leaders in Peds hospital-based care within MN.
- Considered as leaders at the regional, national, and international levels.
- To generate and disseminate knowledge.
- Provide best working environment for our faculty.
- Patient and Family-centered
- Provide consistently high quality care.
- Regular meetings with good communication.
- Variation reduction with guideline, workflow & order set development.
- Improve and grow pain/palliative management across our system.
- Partner with AHC to teach Pediatrics across our sites, with ongoing curriculum development.
- Lead in residency education.
- Develop and recruit for our PHM fellowship.
- Lead the annual MN Hospital Medicine conference.
- Lead in point of care ultrasound training.
- Cognitive Error Education.
- Expand pain/palliative education for staff and learners alike.
- Participate in national PHM and PAS conferences.
- Continue to grow our publications, posters, platforms/invited lectures.
- Hold admin/leadership roles at MHealth & our respective hospitals.
- Drive quality and safety improvements.
- Drive culture change at UMMCH.
- Be collegial and open with our learners; Engender their confidence since we want to "Be their referral center of choice for advanced pediatric care."
- Participate in and lead regional and national work groups, committees, and communities.