Division of Pediatric Genetics and Metabolism
Providing quality, compassionate, thoughtful care through commitment, vigorous scientific collaborations, and interdisciplinary efforts
Our goal is to be a Division of Pediatric Genetics and Metabolism with an outstanding national reputation in research, teaching, and service in Medical Genetics. To achieve this, we:
- Have a strong faculty committed to research as an essential component of their academic career
- Have vigorous scientific collaborations with members of the Institute of Human Genetics, the Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, the Molecular Medicine Program, the Center for Developmental Genetics, the Center for Neurobehavioral Development, and other interdisciplinary groups with scientific priorities that integrate with those of the Division.
- Participate in the interdisciplinary efforts of the Medical School, providing expertise in Medical Genetics.
- Provide outstanding educational services for students (genetic counseling graduate students, medical students, pediatric and med/peds residents, and residents in Medical Genetics)
- Provide integrated clinical services for support of the research that basic science investigators associated with the Institute of Human Genetics have initiated.
- Provide high quality, compassionate, and thoughtful care of patients and families with genetic conditions.