State Adolescent Health Resource Center
State Adolescent Health Resource Center (SAHRC)
SAHRC supports state-level Adolescent Health professionals to more effectively improve the health and well-being of adolescents and young adults.
- Center within the Konopka Institute for Best Practices in Adolescent Health
- Supports the National Network of State Adolescent Health Coordinators
- Partner in the Adolescent & Young Adult Health – National Resource Center
For more detailed information, see SAHRC’s google site
Adolescent & Young Adult Health National Resource Center
The Center supports state public health professionals to improve access, quality, equity and integration of healthcare for adolescents and young adults. It launched in 2014 through funding from HRSA's Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB).
The Center is a partnership between 4 national organizations focused on adolescent & young adult health:
- National Adolescent Health Information Center - University of California, San Francisco (UCSF)
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Program (AMCHP)
- National Improvement Partnership Network (NIPN) - University of VT, College of Medicine
- State Adolescent Health Resource Center - University of MN
SAHRC, in partnership with the Adolescent & Young Adult Health National Resource Center, works to improve the health and well-being of adolescents and young adults.
Supports Healthy Youth Development... by helping public health professionals:
- Understand adolescents and adolescence
- Create the “foundational supports” that all youth need to develop, be healthy, thrive and flourish
- Engage young people as leaders
- Build public will for healthy youth development
- Redefine how data is used to support healthy youth development
Improves Adolescent & Young Adult Healthcare... by supporting public health and healthcare professionals:
- Improve healthcare access, quality, policy & practice
- Create youth-centered healthcare services and settings.
- Partner with young people to improve healthcare
- Market health to and with young people
Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network (CoIIN)
Support to collaboratively improve access, quality, equity and integration of preventive healthcare for young people for 12 states (Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Texas, Vermont, Washington, Wyoming)
Technical Assistance, Support and Training to Non-CoIIN States
Informal technical support to state public health departments as they improve preventive healthcare for youth
Communications & Outreach
Training and technical support as state public health professionals and partners communicate about & market health and healthcare to young people, parents and professionals
Partnerships and Youth Engagement
Support for public health professionals and healthcare partners to build and manage partnerships with adults and young people to improve preventive healthcare
National Network of State Adolescent Health Coordinators (NNSAHC)
NNSAHC is a volunteer-run organization that supports and unites public health professionals designated as State Adolescent Health Coordinators and others responsible for coordinating/managing adolescent health efforts within state public health departments. The Center supports the NNSAHC leadership, website, listserv and general technical support for NNSAHC members.
We’d love to talk with you – please contact us!
Kristin Teipel, Director
Glynis Shea, Communications Director