Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Eligibility and Application
Eligible candidates must have an MD or DO degree and have completed an ACGME accredited Residency Training Program in categorical Pediatrics or Medicine Pediatrics in the US prior to the start of fellowship training. International Medical Graduates must have an ECFMG certificate and hold either U.S. permanent resident status or an appropriate visa (J-1).
For fellowships beginning in July 2017, all applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). First year fellowship positions are offered through the National Residency Matching Program, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine participates in the Pediatric Specialties Fall Match. For fellowships beginning July 2017, applications may be submitted starting on July 15, 2016 and all applications must be complete by October 15, 2016. Interviews are required, and will be offered only after an application is complete, including all letters of recommendation. Interviews will be offered beginning on September 12, 2016 and will be scheduled through November 11, 2016 on a first-come, first-serve basis. Occasionally out-of-phase or transfer applicants may be considered.
- Completed application
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal Statement
- Passport-size photograph
- USMLE transcript
- ECFMG certificate (for International Medical Graduates)
- Letters of recommendation from residency training or later (3 required, at least one from an intensivist)
2016 schedule of dates for July 2017 fellowship spots
- July 15 - Fellowship begins to accept applications through ERAS
- September 12 - Interviews begin
- October 14 - Deadline for submission of all application materials
- November 11 - Last day of interviews
- December 14 - Match Day